Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to send a pop-up message in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes

MIS
May 11, 1999
US
I need to send a pop-up broadcast message to all my users on the network to warn against viruses, notify them of company meetings, etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any one know of how I can do this easily?&nbsp;&nbsp;I need something automated, since most of my users are clueless, and I need to remove them from the loop in order to get this to work.&nbsp;&nbsp;They live and die by their e-mail, so this is how we need to get their attention.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Hobbes

Hi<br><br>I don't think there is actually a way of doing this within Outlook 2000.&nbsp;&nbsp;The only way to get around it, as you've probably guessed, is to set up a global distribution list to say &quot;everyone&quot; and then they all get the message.<br><br>The other solution is maybe to send a message from the server, and ensure they have winpopup on their pcs.<br><br>Hope this helps.

To send a pop-up message you need the following:<br><br>On Win (x machines you need winpopup.exe running.<br>On NT machines the Messenger service must be running <br>From a command prompt you use the &quot;net send&quot; command to send the message. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

DeborahCurry -<br>Can you go into this a little more?&nbsp;&nbsp;I am curious on how you set up global distribution lists, and how you use the net send command to point to this group.<br><br>Thanks! <p> Anonymous God<br><a href=mailto: anongod@hotmail.com> anongod@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back