Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to screen calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

zski128

MIS
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hello,
I am new to the Partner systems. I have a Partner ACS system R7.0 with a T1 card with DIDs. Each extension has a DID. We are coming off a Definity system down to this Partner. On the old system my CEO had a secratry that would answer his calls and transfer the ones he wants over to his phone. How can I accomplish this with the Partner system? Can two extensions share DIDs? Can the receptionists phone have more that 1 DID?

Thanks for you help,
Rich

DID numbers route via mapping. Any number of DID numbers can route to one station. Each DID number can only route to one station, or it can route to a hunt group or to a calling group that may offer you a solution.

40 years in the business and counting.

Sorry, can you clairify your response? "Any number of DID numbers can route to one station"....

Hi zski128,
Look at the routing table. You just map incoming number to station or group. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back