Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to schedule reports for Working days not Calendar days

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagwoodnil

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
CA
Hi everyone.
I am trying to figure out how to scheduled reports to run on the 7th working day of each month. The scheduler in Upfront only allows you to schedule runs on calendar days.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I looked into attaching the reports to an event and executing the event from a batch file call. The batch file would be called once the ETL process is completed its monthly extract. My problem is that the ETL process is runned on a seperate server (for Informatica) than the Upfront server and the Upfront server needs some sort of waty to listen for a call from the Informatica server so it will execute the batch file.

Any help is much appreciated.

Dagwoodnil,

If I understand your question correctly, all you need to do is create the Event within IWR as I believe you have done, and then create a batch file, such as:

CD x:\Program Files\Cognos\cerx\Biniwrruncmd event <EventName>

You can execute this from your &quot;Informatica Server&quot;...I'm not sure why you are bringing Upfront into the equation...let me know if I've misunderstood your requirements.

Pedro Cardoso
A.K.A CanadianTechie
[pc2]

Thanks CandianTechie for responding.

Let me clearify. I'm using version 7 and the Impromptu reports are published to Upfront portal (not sure if i'm using the right terminology).

Yes you are correct. I have created an Event called Monthly_Reports and associated the reports to that event. I have also created the batch file to execute this event when called. The monthly ETL on the Informatica server is kicked off by another by the financial extract on the 7th day.

The problem I'm told is that because the ETL and the IWR are on two seperate server (Win2000). When the Informatica server calls the batch file, it will actually try to execute that batch file on the Informatica server (and not on the IWR server. Some sort of service (or listner) need to be install on the IWR server and wait for the commend to execute the batch file.

Our group has an idea of what needs to be done but do not have the time to write the code. I was hoping someone else have the same problem out there and can help.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back