Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to remove multiple HTML Checkboxes in Excel Macro 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

keusch

Technical User
Jun 17, 2001
US
Data is imported into Excel with copy paste as HTML.

HTML is used because color line formating contains information desired.

The problem is that when data is imported as HTML the checkboxes imported as part of the process.

HOW DO I DELETE ALL THESE BOXES WITHOUT clicking on each individual box???

The import and parce is taken care of as a macro so if it can be done in visual basic I'd be happy. HELP.

That's wonderful - So simple!

Keusch, please allow me to draw your attention to the text undeneath Anne's helpful response:-

Thank Dreamboat for this valuable post!

Just acknowledges the post as generally having answered the question, says thankyou, and takes only a second to do. :)

Regards
Ken....................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I have the same problem: copied and pasted a table from the Web into Excel, but I can't select or delete the checkboxes (although I can click 'in' them to make a checka appear). Edit-goto-special-objects comes up 'no objects found'. If I delete the column that the checkboxes appear in, the column disappears but the boxes are still floating there.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

I remember that if the file was large an additional problem presented itself. Display your visual basic toolbar -click the "design mode" - it's an on off toggle. (triangle with pencil with ruler at base) - Once toggled go back to edit - go to- special - objects -if they highlight - then delete. see if that does the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back