Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Remove Crystal Reports 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerlady143

Technical User
Apr 2, 2008
US
I need to to a clean install of Crystal 2008 (version 12.0). I have the settings I think. I want to make sure that I have all registry settings and any other things I need to know about. Can somebody give me a link or instructions - course I will use Add/Remove on Windows XP. Just want to make sure I have ALL registry settings or any hidden folders. I want to RE-install of Crystal Reports 2008.

There are no hidden folders. Use the rest of these instructions at your own risk!

After you uninstall Crystal, if you do NOT have any other BusinessObjects software that you're running, delete the Business Objects folder under Program Files.

For the Registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and delete the Business Objects key. Again do this ONLY if you are not running any other BusinessObjects software.

Then search on "C:\Program Files\Business Objects" (or whatever drive you installed Crystal on.) and delete any keys that remain that point to this folder.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi,
In some previous versions of CR a folder was created under the Windows/System32 folder caled Crystal and it contained some DLLs used by the program - the Add/Remove programs method did usually remove them as did using the Uninstall from CR's disk.

Not sure about 2008 but you might want to check to be sure

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back