Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Reject Outgoing Messages To A Specific Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mictain

MIS
Jul 4, 2001
GB
Dear All,

My company wants to reject all outgoing mail to one particular domain, say blah.com, and have the sender receive an undeliverable message from the system when this happens.

I have tried to set this up by following this information I was sent:

------

[Exchange 2003]
Create an SMTP Connector
Add the bridgehead(s)
Set the Address Space on this connector to be the domain you want to block, so blah.com
Delivery Restrictions are set to 'messages from everyone are rejected' as the default
OK all that.

Start Registry Editor
Select the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Resvc/Parameters/
Add a new DWORD value:

Value Name: CheckConnectorRestrictions
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Decimal
Value: 1

Quit Registry Editor

After making the change to the registry, restart any related IIS services, click the connector, and then click the Delivery Restrictions tab to enable the restriction option.

------

So I've done all that, but it doesn't work. We've even restarted the mail server, just in case it helps! But still no joy.

Is the above the right way to do this, or have I missed something out? Or maybe I'm just being thick? (It's okay; you can tell me. I've been called worse [bigsmile])

Any help on this would be much appreciated. It sounds so straightforward too.

Many thanks,

Neil.

I'd set it up through DNS with no MX record or one pointing at your own server.

Thanks for your response, Zelandakh :)

In the end we set the 'blocked domain' SMTP Connector to route to our own mail server and we got nice 5.3.5 errors back like we wanted. So job done!

Just thought I'd share in case it helps someone else :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back