Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to reject in band DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

WideboyUK

Technical User
Jun 11, 2020
GB
Hi,

I have BT sip trunks connected to Avaya v8 SBCe's which are then connected to Avaya V8 session mangers, these then connect to Netcall Liberty servers.

I need to block inband DTMF to the liberty servers as it's not supported by them, but unfortunately they're not rejecting it.

Is there any way to force out of band DTMF either at SBCe level or with an adaptation on the session managers?

(BT have refused to help at the SIP provider level)

An Avaya Media Server can do it, otherwise noone's burning a DSP for you listening to audible tone and changing it to RFC2833.

If some cable provider has old modems with SIP POTS ATAs on them and they only do in-band and that cable provider is SIP backbone to BT, you're getting a straight G711 stream with tones in the speech path.

Avaya Experience Portal can listen for both. Otherwise, you're probably getting some calls with RFC2833 and others with tones and there's no way to tweak your CM trunk group to listen for both either.

If the Netcall servers are IVRs, they should do it. Otherwise, you need something in between to convert.

If you route the call through CM then set the inbound and outbound SIP trunks DTMF to 101 (NTE). If you have a media server you probably want to disable dynamic DTMF and force it to use 101. See the Admin manual. By default Avaya SIP trunk DTMF is blank resulting in 127. Forcing to 101 seems to fix just about any issue I've run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back