Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to reIP G650 with IPSI boards with Ip address going through firewall. Any potential issues? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCsurfer

Systems Engineer
Sep 6, 2018
US
Here's the scenario, 4 remote G650s, with IPSI, analog, digital cards and one DS1 card. Currently the IPSI card are registered to a main prcr. We need to get the gateway off the current network and onto a new network with a new firewall.

Most of the network routing and firewall stuff will be done by the data network team and I'm just concerned with what needs to be changed on the G650 side. So in essence if the IPSI board are assigned new IP address will this be the only thing to update in CM?

CM6.3

Change the network parameters on the IPSI (IP, default gateway) and update it in CM. I think that's all there is to it.

IPs are set locally on the IPSI!

You'll need a guy on site

Ok thank you both. What will happen to the digital phones and most importantly the DS1 when the IPSI will change IP address?

cabinet's going to bounce, probably drop your D channel.

If everything's not exactly right, when it comes back, the cabinet will be blinky with nothing happening, and you'll have a guy on site doing commands and trying to ping from CM and checking with the network guy if he made the access port in the right VLAN and if the routing stuff is done and you'll have a grand old time.

Do you have any IP boards in the cabinets? odds are you'd want to re-IP those too.

If you have duplicated ipsi pairs in each g650 PN stack, you could change the B side IP addresses while they are standby. When you are done with the B side, interchanged ipsi to the B network.. Then you can work on the
A side ipsi boards without affecting service.

The Control Network A ipsi boards should be on a separate network than the Control Network B ipsi boards.
If these are all on the same network, the ipsis are not really redundant .

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

When you say IP board you mean TN2602AP Media Processor cards? Yes I do.

Depending on CM release, your IPSIs might be on different networks than your medpros, but regardless, your network guys usually see it as "voice stuff" and if the IPSIs were changing and having firewall stuff happen, I'd think the medpros might fall under that umbrella too.

The medpros change from CM and are much easier than the IPSIs. They're the stuff that gets that cabinet to a central voicemail or autoattendant.

If you do a list ip-i all, what boards do you see in those cabinets? CLANs, medpros, VAL boards?

Kyle,
when I do a "list conf port network ##" I see IPSI, IP Med Pro, analog, DS1 Interface and Digital Line cards.
It's on a CM 6.3

Command: list ipserv
Command: list config control
Command: list ip-interface all
Command: list node-name

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

if you do a list ip-i all, you should see the IPs of each of the IP boards. Is the scope of the network change such that it would affect all IP boards or just some IP boards.

That Medpro is what's getting VOIP from those G650s to other places like a central voicemail, so you need to be sure what's changing and what's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back