Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to reinstall registry????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonGuerra

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
CA
I want to reload the registry. I have a printer issue that is preventing me from using a printer. THis was the prvious message.
The Canon BJC-240 printer was working fine. Then she had another man work on her machine and do something with the motherboard. I am in Mexico right now and I am not able to locate the guy (not important). At first the printer would print out nothing, sometimes it would print the document with a streek or line across the words over several pages. Paragraph here a paragraph there. It would never seem to quit printing. I deleted the old drivers and installed a new set of drivers from the Canon website. Ver 3.97. This help a little on her machine. A message appeared saying that
Monochrome cartridge detected!!!
Job document
select "change" button to change the cartridge
current print job requires color BJ cartridge
or
Select "ignore" button to print with the current cartridge.
It may result in unpredictable output.

I clicked ignore and the streek was still there. This was a test page I did in notepad. The second test I did was in Word. The printer started to print with the streek then it went blank.

Confused I asked her neighbor if I could test this printer on his machine.
I downloaded the same drivers on his machine.
The same message came up and I selected ignore.
The pages came out perfect.
I did a test page on her machine and that came out perfect,
I did a diagnostic and that came out perfect.
The trouble is on her machine she can not print out anything from Word, notepad, internet.

Both machines are windows 98 se.
The cartridge seems good.

Thanks you!

mattjurado (MIS) Jun 21, 2003
I'd replace the cartidge anyways, there could be some registry issue
on her computer. You might try having her boot to dos, and type the
command dir>lpt1. Wait a couple minutes, if it prints the contents
of the dir command, then its a windows issue, if it still has
problems, its hardware on her machine.

--- I did this throught a DOS-prompt and the printer printed perfectly. So Now I know this is a windows issue. Any ideas would be helpful.

Have you re-installed the drivers on the bad machine?

Jim

if you want to check if it is your registry, then follow these steps.

Reboot your computer and press F8, then choose Command Prompt only. Then at the C> prompt, type:
"scanreg /fix"
without the quotes, and press enter. It will then do its job.

Whatever you do, be nice to to people who helps you or try their best to make things better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back