Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to redirect backups to a tapedrive connected on another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

olclunk

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
US
I am running Backupexec 8.50 & Agent for exchange 5.5 but server has a failed internal tapedrive. How can I redirect backups to target another machine's tapedrive on the network that has Backupexec and a good tape drive?

If you are using Enterprise on another server, it can back up Exchange across the network rather than using Exchange to backup to a tape on another server.

Do it the other way round. Pull the data instead of pushing.

Thanks a lot; working on it, but when using the "pull" method and choosing selections, I only see the local Echange Server and not the one I want to backup. For the selections option there are other options such as remote shares etc. I want to my remote server to apppear in the list. Is there a procedure for this in the Veritas manual rather than hacking through this?

If you can only see your local server, you aren't using enterprise edition...

Don't forget that you need the remote agent to backup the other machine as well as a second exchange agent.
Unfortunatly, both cost you extra.

Tilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back