Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to rebuild HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2004
Next week I will be helping in the relocation of 2 Dell Servers. My manager has asked me to shutdown the server and remove the hot swap hdd and pack them in boxes. Once the movers have shifted the new rack in the new location, i will plug back the hdd and power on.

Just a question, will I need to rebuild the mirror once i plug the hdd back into server? I need some advise cause this is the first time i am using Dell server.

Thanks

I don't see why any config would be lost
u should be ok
out of curiosity what model server is it

The RAID config is held both on the PERC card and the disks and neither is getting wiped in your scenario so you won't need to rebuild anything.

Thanks for all the replies. Praying that everything will goes well this weekend.

MAKE SURE YOU LABEL THE DRIVES AND PUT THEM BACK IN THE EXACT ORDER THEY ARE NOW!!! (caps are on purpose)

Matt

PS. why are you pulling the drives? I would leave them in myself......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back