Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to put SQL's DSO onto Project Server. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremist5150

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2003
US
My boss can’t get access to his OLAP cube in Project Server because when he tries to update it he gets the following:

“VBScript: Microsoft Project Web Access. Microsoft Decision Support Objects (DSO) has not been installed on the Microsoft Project Server computer. Because Analysis Services is not installed on the same computer as Microsoft Project Server, you need to install DSO on the Microsoft Project Server computer. You can install DSO from the Microsoft SQL Server installation CD. Refer to the Microsoft Project Server Installation Guide for details.”

Well, the only SQL Server 2000 CD we have is CD2 of the Small Business Server 2000 that we have (we have a separate database server than from the webserver running Windows 2000 Server that we are having the problem with). I tried doing it from its Autorun menu but after selecting ‘Install Analysis Services’ it runs the hourglass for about 5 seconds then just stops as if I wasn’t running anything. Tried this several times and also looked on Microsoft but I can’t see where to download it from. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back