Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to pull bits of data from a record using alias tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

kime1974

Programmer
Oct 30, 2006
US
Hello - using Crystal 2008 for this report.

I have a report where I am pulling in 4 copies of the same table in order to display a hierarchy. There are 4 levels of hierarchy being displayed on the report from these alias tables. I need to pull two fields (Name and Tax_ID) of information from each based on the Gender code (Gender=E, we only need to pull coporations). I am not able to add this into the select without losing the record. Any ideas on how I can pull a "list" of this information?

Name_1 Gender_1 TaxID_1 Name_2 Gender_2 TaxID_2 Name_3 Gender_3 TaxID_3 Name_4 Gender_4 TaxID_4
ABC Co. E 222222 John Jones M 3333333 Staples E 5555555 McDonalds E 9999999

Thanks so much!
Kim

If you have an IsNull test as part of your selection, this will cover cases where the expected record does not exist. Note that the IsNull test must come first, otherwise the nulls will cause the formula to stop without input.

An alternative is not to select, but to accumulate data according to rules and only show some. Suppress unwanted details.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back