Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to power down G450 then power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertw1984

Technical User
Oct 27, 2016
GB
hi all,

we are having a UPS fitted in the building and unfortunatley i need to power the G450 down and connect it to the new UPS

im just wondering what the correct way into going about this, can i just pull out the mains and then power on and hope for the best

i have seen a module the "S8300" that says shutdown, do i press that?

cheers,

rob

You need to turn off the LSP inside (or maybe it's your core... whatever is on that S8300). You can push that button and follow the instructions on the panel or alternatively, log in to the server and shut the server down.
After that you can shut down the media gateway. This is done by pulling the power cable. Make sure you saved any configuration changes before shutting it down (just like with network switches and routers).

Does this G450 have multiple power supplies? If so, try and maintain the uptime and move one cable at a time. Or maybe you could bring in a portable UPS to power it temporarily. If the rest of the network is going down and you have only IP phones this might be useless. If you have a lot of digital and analog phone you might want to consider that.

Also if you aren't sure the roles of the various hardware you might want to get a partner to be on call and aware of what you are doing in case you hit trouble or power off the wrong parts.

The G450 has 2 mains so i could do that pull out one kettle lead put it on UPS circuit then do the other one to keep it up and running

i pulled the bottom power out the bottom chasis as i thought it would fail over to the top power thats plugged in the top chasis but it didnt, instead the bottom unit powered down so then i thought well i might aswell power down the top chasis as my plan went pear shaped!!!

luckily when i powered both chasis back up it came back all good

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back