Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to log all web sites viewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAIG2432

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
GB
a customer of mine is having a big problem with staff spending large amounts of time surfing the web for none work related activaties. I have been asked to provide a log of all web sites visited and for how long, on a user by user log.
Can anyone recoment any software, some thing that may have trial period maybe. the user runs SBS2003 standard and has 6 users

I am able to do this on our system, but we are using a Unix based server that is used as a proxy server. The software used is called Netmanager. It is very powerful software that allows me to log any site visited, block access to certain sites & a hell of a lot more besides.
This may not be of interest to your client, but you could have a look at the companies website out of interest:
I don't know your location, but this company is UK based.
Hope this is of some interest.

Netmanager is using squid, but gives you a nice web based interface to configure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back