Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to know when the clipboard has changed / regex

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibberous

Programmer
Nov 2, 2006
US
I am writing a screen reader, not that there is much to write. I imported the DirectSS activex control and twenty minutes later I was up and running.

There are a couple things I need to do though. First, I need to be able to get the clipboard contents whenever something is copied to it. I think it involves hooks, but am not really sure, and am hoping there is a friendly, Builder way of doing this.

Secondly, I would like to use regex replacement. One big annoyance with my current screen reader is that it reads urls. Ideally, I would be able to replace with an empty string before reading. I am used to using regex in languages like PHP and Java, but not sure how to go about it in C++.

Are there any features you guys think would be good to add for a screen reader? I might be the only non-blind person in the world who uses one, but I really love mine. They take a while to get used to but they let you read through huge paragraphs quickly and without eyestrain, as well as letting you read over stuff you wrote to see if it sounds good.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Trent

1) Clipboard, look at the TClipboard component that come with BCB. I haven't used it so I can't give you much to go on here but try the help files and some experimentation.

2) RegEx, try Boost's Reqex stuff ( Again, I haven't tried it so "good luck."

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back