Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to know what server-side program to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKnopp

Technical User
Apr 30, 2009
US
Hello! My name is Zach, I was hoping to get some advice at what database program I should be using for my website, and more importantly, how to set it up. I can be considered a novice web designer, but I'm an avid learner and would love to learn how to do a lot of stuff with this shiny new program I have....hehe....any help would be appreciated! Tips are welcome on what to do, my website is up if you want to look at it and give some tips...
Zachknopp.com
Thanks!
~Zach~

Hi - welcome to Tek-Tips. Please read faq222-2244 for an introduction to the site.

1. <what database program I should be using for my website> Depends on what you want to achieve and what your webhost supports

2. <how to set it up> - depends on what you need. Start by reading - an excellent beginners article on db design

3. <I can be considered a novice web designer>. Remember that this is a site specifically for IT professionals. We love to help people learn, but as the FAQ indicates, we expect you to do your own basic research.

4. <my website is up>. The link is currently displaying a default webhost page.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back