Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to know the equivalent 123 formulas to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMedz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2000
PH
Hello! I'm a lotus 123 user and trying to get hold of MS Excel because our company switch from SMARTSUITE to OFFICE XP. I am trying to get the equivalent smartsuite formulas to MS Excel formulas.

The following formulas i need are the following:
SMARTSUITE | MS EXCEL
@Length | ?
@Mid | ?
@LEFT | ?
@RIGHT | ?
@VLOOKUP | ?
@STRING | ?
@IF | ?
@SUMIF | ?
@FIND | ?
@MATCODE | ?
@VALUE | ?

Anybody that can shed light to my problem is very much appreciated. Many Thanks!

Pretty straightforward for the majority:
@Length =Len(cell_ref)
@Mid =Mid(cell_ref)
@LEFT =Left(cell_ref)
@RIGHT =Right(cell_ref)
@VLOOKUP =Vlookup(what,range,columns across,false)
@STRING =TEXT(cell_ref,numberformat)
@IF =IF(test,true,false)
@SUMIF =SUMIF
@FIND =FIND(what,cell_ref,start pos)
@MATCODE | ?
@VALUE =VALUE(cell_ref)
Not sure what MATCODE does - if you can give an explanation, I can probably find a function that does it in excel

This may also be useful - was developed for excel 97 but 99% of the functions are the same in XP (AFAIK)
I have an excel function dictionary - hosted in excel, developed by Peter Nonely that I could send you - if you are interested, please post your email address and I will send it

Rgds
Geoff
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
-Oscar Wilde

If you type 123 functions into Excel help it comes up with a number of help topics.

The "Switch from 1-2-3" option gives a load of direct equivelent functions.

I found the switch quite hard 2 years back, as Excel is a different way of thinking but now I can do much more in Excel than I ever could in 123 and Tek-Tips has been a major help in getting me there.

Regards

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back