Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to know how to disable the Hot Keys on the Microsoft keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2003
US
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knew how to disable the hot keys at the top of the generic Microsoft Internet Keyboard I work in a call center and my agents keep pushing the buttons at the top when they slide the keyboard tray under the desk. It is a Win2k environment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hugo

i believe in order to use hotkeys a programme has to have been installed simply uninstall the programme from add/remove programmes.you do not need additional software to use a keyboard so the keyboard will run fine after you have uninstalled.Or if you do not have permissions to uninstall simply change the defaults on the software that sets up hotkeys.

Open your registry and find the key below.

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value called 'NoWinKeys' set the value to equal '1' to enable the restriction.

Exit your registry, you may need to restart for the changes to take effect.

Key:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
Value Name: NoWinKeys
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Data:(0 = disable restriction, 1 = enable restriction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back