Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to install Titler 'by hand'

Status
Not open for further replies.

stethun

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
GB
Ignore my last post, regarding the install problem.
I've done it - Yippee!
In the end it seems that the element "Fonts, Templates and styles for Premiere's Titler" was causing the problem. The rest of the programme installed perfectly. So I'm still stuck with no Titler, therefore if anyone can help me to install that part by hand I'd be grateful, but otherwise my problem is solved.
Thanks, Steve

Stethun,
This isn't a "solution" per se, but perhaps an alternative. I've found that Adobe Illustrator allows me to make MUCH better titles than the default Premiere tool. It has many more options, tools, effects, etc. to fool around with. And the image clarity/quality I get with Illustrator files imported into Premiere is far better than the choppy text you can often get with the Titling tool, especially if your title will be moving at all in the movie. Lastly, because the imported file is a graphic image it allows you more choices with respect to transitions or effects within Premiere.

HTH
-D

Nice one!
A great tip. Can't promise I'll actually do it as I never used Illustrator, but many thanks for the idea.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back