Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Increase Space on Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittywes38

Technical User
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hello Folks,

I have inherited the responsibility to support a 2003 server. The server has 2 partitions with the C drive having been given very little space compared to the other partition. C drive is 11 Gigs of space and only 700 Megs free. The other partition has over 200 Gigs free. Is there a way to increase the amount of space on the C drive while taking space away from the other partition?

Thanks,

Smitty

What I've done in the past to free up some space would be to relocate some folders to the larger drive, e.g. the Software Distribution folder under c:\windows\system32. Then, I recreate the folder in the original location and create a junction to the new location. Windows then thinks it's saving data into the original folder when in reality, it's being redirected to the new folder.

---------------------------------------
Bob Beck
Systems Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back