Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to have color background cover all of paper - Bleed Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalgrej

Technical User
Apr 10, 2002
GB
I am trying to create a project in PageMaker 6.5 that would have a color background that would extend to the edges of the paper. I will be printing this in-house on a high-end laser printer. Currently, I have just put a colored block that extends over the entire page, with all margins set to 0.0. When I print, this still leaves a white border around the publication.

Any ideas on how to get the color to extend to all edges?

Thanks!!

Hey there,

if you have set the paper size in Pagemaker to the same papersize you print onto, it points to the incapability of your printer to print to the very edges off the paper.
If this is the printers physical limit how far it can print to the edges then there is little you can do about it.

You could try and use a papersize that is bigger than your actual page in Pagemaker and so create a none printing aera outside the wanted pagesize. So, if your page in PM is A4 you could print, if your printer is capable of doing so, to A4+ (that's slightly bigger than A4)or A3 etc.

hope that helps,
SnowWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back