Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to get new Call Accounting Software... advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegabe1974

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
US
I was speaking with my manager yesterday about our pathetic old call accounting software. SOOO slow and painful!! He agreed and told me to look for something new. You guys here must have some advice on what to get. I have 5500-7500 ports in use. It must run on win2003. I have an Avaya G3r.
Intuity Audix.

Thanks for sharing the wisdom.

Joe

I have eCas and I am not that impressed with it. In a past life, I used a product called MicroCall. They have an IP interface for CDR collecting for the Definity. I have a copy on every one of my switches (all 11 systems, 7 Definity's). They are releasing a new version of the product that will run on a SQL database. I found that their canned reports were great, and that you could create your own custom reports. After having it and now I use eCAS, I wish I had my old MicroCall systems back. In defense of the eCAS system, I need to spend some more time with it, but I was able to learn MicroCall in a lot less time...

gblucas

Another vote for Microcall here. Their technical support group is the BEST too.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

I forgot to mention that...I agree with mikeydidit, there support is absolutely TOP NOTCH...

I have had a few problems with some systems (and I say that most of the problems were user error) and their tech support is awesome. They walked me through the entire process to fix any problems, then called back to follow up to make sure that there were no other issues.

Also, they have the ability to take an exported file from ASA and import it into the MicroCall system, so you don't have to update call accounting to match your switch. I setup one system, and it was completely automatic. MicroCall tech support helped me get it to work exactly the way I wanted it to work. The tech spent about 6 hours over 3 days working with me on getting the software to do what I wanted.

I don't think that you will find a better call accounting solution.

gblucas

I too am in the market for upgrading my Call Accounting. I am currently running an old Windows 98 version of Telemate. Is there a way to do a port count on my switch so that I can let sales people know my needs?

MicroCall is licensed based on extension count. If you don't want report on the extension, then you can reduce the count. It will collect and store every call record, it just doesn't build indexes on the records that don't have extension record for them.

To answer the question, look in your "disp capacity" and look in the section "Voice Terminals" to see how many extensions you are currently using.

gblucas

We had both eCAS and Microcall. We only have Microcall now.
Any time I had a problem with eCAS, it was like going to the dentist.

The bottom line is it works, period! Tech support is excellent. Just a recent example: I was in queue for a tech the other day (very rare) and figured out the problem on my own, so I bailed from the queue. A few minutes later a Microcall tech called to see if there was anything he could do to help. Wow, that's service.

Look no further.

Scott
Delnor Hospital

What are your specific report needs that you want the call accounting system to do?

We use Proteus Enterprise it is a whole bunch better that the rest that were mentioned above.

We get every report that we could ever want. It also can log our remote PBX's as well.

Training, Support and Customer Service are all top notch.

There web site is

I've used CASH call accounting and it works good but with their software I wasn't able to send reports to managers or departments.

I love my eCAS if I have a problem, I call tech support and they give me instant service & resolve the issue. I like eCAS because I can setup departments and give supervisors their own restricted access to their employees reports, also scheduling reports to be sent automatically works awesome. Also it is web-based and connected via IP so I can track PBX's in other states with the same software program. I can access it from home easily with our VPN.

My company uses the Microcall software too! Normally, we log around three hundred calls per day. Then the application started hanging, and we started having logged calls of about 50 - 60 per day.

Resetting the application temporarily resolved the issue. But now, the resets are becoming more frequent.

Please, does anyone have a solution?

This reply is to the post from "themegalord" regarding Microcall hanging up.

Have you tried contacting Microcall tech support? The support staff are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

What kind of PC are you running Microcall on? Is this PC running any other apps? I've found that whenever I get cheap (not always my choice) and double up on applications, I get burned.

I've been running Microcall on its own box (WIN 2K) for several years and if there was ever a problem, it was usually caused by something that I did, not the fault of the software.

Scott

SBL100,

The there are no other apps running on the Microcall PC, however the OS installed on the PC is Windows NT? Is that a problem?

Thanks!

Regarding running Microcall on Windows NT, I didn't see anything on their web site, but it can't hurt to call.

Scott

We just got Microcall back in June. I agree, their support is top notch! Microcall was not collecting hang-up calls or calls less than 6 seconds(which we needed for harrassment purposes) and they walked me through making the necessary changes in addition to refreshing the data so I could see hang-up calls from the day before.

Keep in mind that you'll need to load the extensions on "cha intra" page if you want to keep track of internal calls as well.

According to the Microcall manual, the program will run on a Windows 9x, NT 4.0, 2000 or XP platform. Additionally it requires a minimum of 128Mb RAM and 100Mb of available hard drive space.

A note to "themegalord" regarding the program hanging up, make sure you meet the minimums especially for hard drive space.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back