Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to get a value from a completely unrelated table to use as a constant

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMGroup

MIS
Apr 10, 2006
CA
I'm using CR2008 v12.3.0.601 with SQL Server 2008. I need to pull a date value from a system parameter table. I need to use the date to filter the required data but there is no link between the parameter table and the production data. The parameter table has 2 fields: Cell (the one I need is equal to 55) and Value. Right now, the Value field is 1151231 but will change when accounting closes billing for January. The accounting period can close any time in the first 10 to 15 days of the following month. I need to take that value and use it to filter the jobs by date in comparison to the value in the parameter table where the cell=55.

Since I can't join the table to anything in the production tables and don't think creating a custom field in the production tables and setting the value to 55 just to get a join is a very efficient way of handling this, I'm looking for help.

Thanks in advance!

You can add the table. Crystal will just give you a warning message that it is not joined to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back