Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to find latest BIOS for Micronics M6DPi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schubocks

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
US
Hello, I've been searching for a BIOS update for a Micronics M6DPi motherboard. It's a dual Pentium Pro motherboard, and the current BIOS version is PhoenixBIOS 4.05 W6LI (I beleive the current bios version is correct). Right now the BIOS does NOT recognize the second processor I just installed, and it also does NOT recognize the CD-ROM as a bootable device. I'm trying to install Mandrake 9.0 from a CD, but it will only boot from a floppy or harddisk. Any help in finding the latest BIOS for this motherboard will be greatly appreciated.

-Schu

Sorry, I should also note that I've tried searching Google.com, Dogpile.com, Yahoo.com, and a few other, and don't come up with much of anything.

-Schubocks

BIOS is usually manufacturer specific and the best (only at times) place is the manufacturer's web site.

Here's the thing. I've searched for Micronics' Web site, but I believe they've gone out of business. So I searched for PhoenixBIOS, and come across unicore.com and find that they don't have updates for the BIOS, just chip upgrades. So I'd be looking at spending $40+ just to make it all work. There's gotta be someone in the world that has the update archived somewhere that could just e-mail me the binaries that I need. I don't know, but I appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

-Schu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back