Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to find in SO the ALT+D form SBT PRO 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2007
US
Hi everyone,
I have the source code, so i need to find, how to get to the form that is invoked when we press ALT+D under the SO, where we are allow to enter the SO# and AR invoice number, the problem is, that i need to see the code in the cmdbutton "View invoice", to see what frx is called, the problem is that i change the logo in ARIBBW2.FRX(custom) but when we execute the "ALT D" to print the invoice from the SO module, the logo does not print, even though i already changed in s:\pro50\AR the logo in the ARIBBW2.FRX.

however if i go into AR and print invoice, it use the new logo i added to the ARIBBW2.FRX but when we press the ALT+D in SO it seems that the report called to print the invoice is different or probably recreated from the original ARIBBW.FRX and it uses logo04.bmp in this case as the company# is 04.
can anyone guide me how to get to into the code so i can get into the "view invoice" code and see which FRX is called from there ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Ernesto

Hi Edgar
when we open sbt PRO 5.0 and we select the SO module and the company #, then we are ready to do whatever we need from the menu.

in our case, i don't know if in the past before i joined this company, if someone customized this and added a "ALT+D combination key" to call a little form that opens, i will insert here a picture of the form that loads when we press ALT+D KEY. see link
well you will see in this form, you can enter a "SALES ORDER NUMBER" and if there is an "AR INVOICE NUMBER" it will be displayed there, so then you will have the chance to click on "VIEW INVOICE" and "VIEW SALES ORDER" so if i press the cmdbutton "VIEW INVOICE"
i will be prompted to "do you want to print the document yes or cancel" ? ok the point is that this shorcut key give you the choice, to print both invoice and sales order if you press the two cmdbutton of course each at a time, the problem is that i want to see or find the code behind the cmdbutton "VIEW INVOICE", to see what FRX is called because when i we use this option to print the invoice, the logo called in that report is logo04 and for a reason it does not print the logo.
so actually we know we can print the AR INVOICE from the module AR and from there it prints the logo correctly, of course i customized the AR INVOICE.FXR and added a new logo and it prints ok, as you know when you customize an frx, sbt assign a new name to the frx (example if the standard frx is named ARIBBW.FRX, then the newone will be ARIBBW1.FRX and that will be the one you will select when printing AR INVOICES but from the ALT+D and selecting the cmdbutton "VIEW INVOICE", this it is not calling apparently the
ARIBBW1.FRX, as it is not printing the report with the new logo, instead just print noting in the logo, well prints just logo04.bmp, so i just need to know the prg files i need to follow, to see if i can find where this form "ENTER SO NUMBER" is called and then find out the code inside the cmdbutton "VIEW INVOICE"
is all i want.
Thanks a lot

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2dc530aa-6a0f-4bf7-bb0d-c24b70d9b2c4&file=FORMLOADEDALT+D.PNG
That is a nice feature, however is not native to SBT 5.0i
Does it work similar to IN SO module, from the PRINT menu:
DISPLAY SOs BY Number ?

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, Inc.

Firstable the ALT+D will work once you press that combination keys from any module you open, of course the little form that will pop will display only the imputed sales order and the corresponded invoice # if any but the good thing is that will display a preview of the report form with data related to that SO and the data for that invoice# as well and from there you can print the SO and the Invoice report forms.

this does not display a sales order numbers like in a grid let says, it just will open a preview and then you can print the reports from there, i just wondering if you maybe know from where is this combination key is called , from the sbt.prg ?
can you tell?

once we login into SBT and we already select a module and company, what is the current application running ?
because if you press ALT+D before you select a module and a company the ALT+D won't pop that little form, so maybe with this explanation you can tell me where should i look for ?
Thanks

As I stated before, it is not native to SBT 50i. It must be a custom program.
What program does Alt-D invoke, call ?
again,
Does it work similar to IN SO module, from the PRINT menu:
DISPLAY SOs BY Number ?

Edgar

well it seems that is not native as you don't have it, so actually i did not know that until now, so it is customized code added, i was just trying to trace where is the location of the code that makes ALT+D to call that form in the picture i sent you.

actually does not do exactly as the "SO module print menu" but it will preview the sales order imputed outright w/o asking what report form to load and w/o asking what printer to select, so it will always print to the default printer.

now here is my question.

what prg file loads the main form after we log-in it is all i need to know ?
i was checking SBT.PRG but i don't see any common procedure name or prg file called to load the little form or any "keyboard" or "on key" command there.
Thanks
best rgds.

Look into SBTPROC.prg in the root directory of the SBTW program. It contains all the global calls, global hot keys, global functions.

Edgar

Thanks Edgar
well i found, that the report form used in the ALT+D combination keys is AR1DBW.frx, so opened in vfp, then removed the Ole pointing to a file and i removed that Ole and insert a new picture as a new logo so problem solved.

still i open the SBTPROC.PRG and i don't recognize any of the calls there, in fact this prg file is calling a bunch of "External array" , i am wondering if you can explain how can i, find or see where these array are located to see what they refer too ?

sorry but i am not experienced like you, if you believe it is to much to for you, to go through this, no problem i think i have bugging you to much anyway
Thanks
here is the code in the SBTPROC.PRG
Code:
*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*- Version....: SBT Pro Series 5.00.00
*- File Name..: $Workfile:   SBTPROC.PRG  $
*- VCS Level..: $Revision:   1.5  $
*- Last Update: $Date:   28 Apr 1998 10:08:22  $
*- Notice.....: Copyright (c) 1985-1998 SBT Corporation. All rights reserved.
*- App ID.....: SY
*- App Name...: System Services
*- Description: Procedure file for Multi-user FoxPro
*- Synopsis...:  This is the header for the pro series system
*-               procedure file.
*-
*-               When used, all component procedures and functions are
*-               combined into a single SBTPROC.PRG prior to compilation
EXTERNAL ARRAY ga_seglen
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_list
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_getpos
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_pstlst
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_struc
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_title
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_messg
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_pict1
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_valu1
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_pict2
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_valu2
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_chck1
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_emsg1
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_chck2
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_emsg2
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_memkey
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_vat
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_filt1
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_filt2
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_serial
EXTERNAL ARRAY la_sesstat
*- End Main: SBTPROC.PRG

Well...

Now, your current SBTPROC.prg is empty. Which leads me to believe that this was not modified. Look someplace else
for Alt-D function...

If you are interested...

[highlight #EF2929]Important: make back up of SBTPROC.prg and SBTPROC.fxp

[/highlight]
[highlight #EF2929] Proceed at your own risk[/highlight].

Doing the following may bring SBT to its original state, be careful. If problems, restore from back up of SBTPROC.

This will create SBTPROC.prg with all SBT functions into one file.

Make sure everybody is out of the system.
Open the file: makeproc.bat ( it is a batch file)
________________________________________________________________________________________
REM-------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM File Name..: MAKEPROC.BAT
REM Version....: SBT Pro Series 5.00.00
REM Last Update: 11/05/96
REM ------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Notice.....: (c) Copyright 1990, Revisions 90 - 97 by SBT Corporation
REM All Rights Reserved by SBT Corporation
REM App ID.....: SY
REM App Name...: Developer Utility
REM Description: Batch file to consolidate separate disk based procedures
REM into one unified SBTPROC.
ECHO Consolidating all disk procedures and functions into SBTPROC.PRG
REN SBTPROC.PRG SBTPROC.TOP
COPY SBTPROC.TOP+?_*.PRG SBTPROC.PRG
[highlight #FCE94F]rem ?_*.PRG ?_*.SRC >> MAKEPROC.BAT[/highlight]
REM -------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM File Name..: MAKEPROC.BAT
REM Total Lines: 23
________________________________________________________________________________________
Rem the line as above ( highly recommended )
Save and close.
Run makeproc.bat

Compile it to create sbtproc.fxp. IF problems, just retore SBTPROC.PRG and SBTPROC.FXP
Good Luck

Edgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back