Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to elimate duplcate inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barneye

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
US
I get several lists with inventory from my suppliers. I import the excel files into an access database. Multiple suppliers list the same inventory from the same manufacturer. I need a query to eliminate the duplicates.

I have 5 columns:

Part, MFG, Available, Vendor, Cost, Datecode, Package, Listdate.

If 2 or more rows have the same Part, Mfg, and Available, I only want to keep one row. It does not matter which one is kept.

I have tried DISTICT in the select on a make table query, but I need to copy all columns.

Thanks!

Create a table with the Part, MFG, Available, Vendor, Cost, Datecode, Package and Listdate fields.
Multi select Part, Mfg and Available andd click the primary key icon.
Execute an append query.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I tried that and it eliminates any duplicates in each column.

I need to eliminate duplicates only if the Part, Mfg, and Available all match. The following SQL Query works but I need to display all the columns.

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT Inventory.Part, Inventory.Available, Inventory.Mfg
FROM Inventory;

PHV said:
Multi select Part, Mfg and Available andd click the primary key icon
Create a composite primary key made of the 3 fields.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back