Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to display a crosstab on a form..What to use???

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0PP3R

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
CA
Hey all!

I am building a form that I need to display a crosstab of data and display it on a VB 6 form. The purpose is for schduling, so I need display along the top each day within the two week period, and below that a list of job numbers that are scheduled, if that job is scheduled on any of the days within that two week period display the number of hours on tha tjob numbers line for the appropriote day.

EG:

Job# |Mon|Tues|Wed|Thurs|Fri|etc.....
1234 |0 | 0 | 3 |0 |0 |etc...

Now I think my best bet would be to use a crosstab control o fsome kind as I performed a similar procedure in a crystal report crosstab report.

Any ideas, suggestions and feedback will eb greatly appreciated adn I'll be mor ethan willing to share the final product...

Thanks so Much!

Copper

Anything wrong with the Microsoft Flex Grid? You can change the color of the left most cell to stand out as a header type. That is what I would use.

OK,

I'm looking at using the flex grid control...I haven't used it before, but I'm readin gup on it, but I midas well throw down som emroe detail...

Basically I will havea schedule table that weill hold an autonumber key, wo#, schedule data and scheduled hours.

I want to display the dates for a two week period, adn then under each date, if there are hours scheduled for a wo# then display the numbe rof hours under the date..

Eg:

WO | Aug 1 | Aug 2 | Aug 3| Aug4 | etc....Aug14
1234 | 2 | 3 | 0 | 0 |

Any ideas or anythign liek that are mostly appreciate!

Thanks all!

Copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back