Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to delete 1000s of mails with same subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalloz

MIS
Apr 30, 2001
GB
I need to delete 1000s of error message emails which have been sent to a user who was set up as the administrator for an Exchange 5.5 (SP 2) system.

They had a mail looping problem which I think is fixed now. But I need to help the administrator get rid of all this unwanted mail, which has a few real messages mixed up with it (so we can't just shift-click and delete).

Is there any way to do delete by subject line for the messages which are still coming through ?

Any quick help appreciated

PS I have found ISSCAN, but from the help it appears only to delete attachments and not messages, is that correct

TIA

Peter

The best utility to use is ExMerge. Reference MS Article ID:Q260037 for using the utility.

Hope this helps

Try setting up a rule on the client side that moves messages with a certain subject to the trash.

For stuff already in the folder you need to use 2000 to run the rule "live". earlier versions only seem to run on new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back