Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to default Merlin Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2007
US
Can anyone give me the steps to default a Merlin Mail to factory defaults? I cannot seem to find what I am looking for on Avaya support website. I found a easy step by step for Partner Mail VS and was hoping someone had something easy for me to follow.

I am not 100% certain, I have done this before but lost my notes.

Try logging into admin, but instead of using the admin password, try using the last 9 digits of the S/N or the full S/N.

It was something like that I believe.

Or you can default it using MM Admin software too. And possibly by logging in throuth the RS232 port.

The only way to default a Merlin Mail R3 is via the RS-232 port. You need to use Hyperterminal - and need a Null Modem in your connection. Then click on connect - at the password prompt - use the admin mailbox password. When you see the Menu - choose shutdown. After the shutdown - press Escape once to get a 1D> prompt - then type init and press enter. This will reset the system to factory defaults - assuming the hard drive disk has minimal sector errors.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back