Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to create multiple instances of a record 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
I need to set up an access report that will print on mailing labels from a table/query. My delima is that in each record there is a number cell that tells me how many of duplicates of that record I need to print. Some records will need only one label printed and others will need multiple labels with the same description. The kicker is that I need to preserve the sorting of the original table/query while inserting the duplicated records

I have thought of maybe creating a temporary table but Im really not too sure how I can do it.

Any suggestions? Thanks

burger,
Look into the NextRecord and MoveLayout methods of Access Reports. It sounds like in the Report Detail Format code you could check the number of copies, and set NextRecord to False, and it will duplicate that record (label) until you decide to set NextRecord back to True (when the number of copies has decremented, via some variable, to zero.
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back