Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to connect to a VPN on startup... how to run a script that will automatically reconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_F

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2018
US
We have 5 Laptops that people use as their primary computer....
When they are at their desk and plugged into their dock all is well... the problems start when they take their laptop to a meeting or home to work from home...

I have a VPN setup through Open VPN

Each time a person disconnects from their Docking station (to use while at a meeting) the Laptop switches to the Company WiFi Connection... The problem is the VPN does not start or hangs then times out... I can get it to work if I double click the Open VPN Icon (I am using OpenVPN) from the icon tray... thats not soo bad but then I have to do it again when reconnecting back directly to the network (coming back from the Meeting)... is their a better solution for the end user... Having to tell the User "don't forget to toggle the VPN button each time you disconnect or reconnect" is not ideal.... also this only works about 80% of the time in some cases the user would need to reboot while in the meeting in order to get everything back online.... Is their a more user friendly "Always On" type solution

All help and/or suggestions are much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back