Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Compare 2 HOLD Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonelSanchezJr

Programmer
Jan 26, 2001
US
I am using Developer Studio 714.
My task is to create a report which shows me all records which were supposed to be "PAID", but were NOT paid.

I was advised that I would have to create a HOLD1 file of all records with a status of "E" for eligible within a given time period.

Then, create a 2nd HOLD2 file of all records with a status of "P" for paid within the above time period.

Then, create a report based off of those records which exist in HOLD1 (Eligibles), but do NOT exist in HOLD2 (Paid).

I know how to do this in PL/SQL, but not in WebFOCUS CODE.....

Thanks,

Leo ;-)

The thought occurs to me that you should be able to use the JOIN facility for this. Make sure that SET ALL is set appropriately. The E data would be the host and the P data would be the child. Then look for the E records where the P segment is missing.

Thanks, I actually wound up doing this via a match with the OLD-NOT-NEW option and it worked great.
Have a great day!

Thanks,

Leo ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back