Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to change group names

Status
Not open for further replies.

csjoseph

MIS
Jan 2, 2001
US
Due to a recent merger we have to change the names of some groups that are fully embedded in some major databases. These groups are in ACLs, name fields, hide-when formulas, all other types of formulas.

Does anyone know if there is a good piece of software out there that can facilitate this?

Thank you.

As far as the ACLs are concerned, the Admin Process should take care of that by itself - but someone is probably going to end up having to check manually anyway.

For the programming, I once used a translation tool that did a lot of things, but they went out of business. The point is, there are certainly tools to mass-change design elements. I would be surprised if Lotus did not have one on its site.

Did you check that ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back