Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Block Internet Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

jardows

MIS
Jul 11, 2002
US
I need to block access to internet email for several users, and am needing some help to know exactly what to do. I know that in the Exchange administrator I can set the user account to accept messages only from our internal domain, but I want to disallow them access to send email outside as well. How can I do that?

Jacob Meadows

I'm rather new in the world of networking acronyms, so please be patient with me. IMC = Internet Mail Service? under Configuration, or do I look for the delivery restrictions under the user object. I have the user's delivery restrictions set to accept mail only from our local network. If I need to make changes in the Internet Mail Service, do I put objects in the Accept list or the Reject list, and who do I put there to make sure certain users can send and receive internet email and who cannot?

Jacob

Just to make sure - I now have the User's delivery restrictions set to Accept from List our internal network, and in the Internet Mail Service delivery restrictions I have set to Reject from List the user I want to block. All ok? Thanks!

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back