Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to be able to reach user on 2nd DN on 3904 when CFW in place 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiangirlie

Technical User
Nov 7, 2004
GB
Brill site.. would love help on following:-

Have a 3904 which is often CFW to Ext 2348. When the PA on 2348 wants to talk to the manager of the 3904 she cant because it's CFW to her which is understandable. So to get round this we set up a secret DN key 1 4788 and thought she could ring this when she wanted to contact him, but unfortunately it doesnt work when the phone is forwarded. Keys are as follows
00 SCR 4988 0 MARP
01 SCR 4788 0 MARP

Would be so grateful for any ideas or suggestions to overcome this?

I know a guy thats just about to be laid off, maybe you could employee him to look at your system. ;-)

Only joking peps, I work with MeridianGirlie and felt I had to spam her first post.

(oh and I'm the one getting laid off)

OK,

Need to update MeridianGirls post.

Pretty sure intercom Key won't work as the 2 handsets are on different sites.

Connected via ITG's using CDP for a dialing plan.

The phones in question are 3904's so prenty of spare keys to program.

Sure I read on this forum somewhere that you could negate the CFW on key 0 by ringing a DN on another key

WideBoy

you could build 4988 as a phantom, and leave it unforwarded, and then put a MCR key appearance on his phone so it beeps and flashes when the call is being made.

i would do a ringdown, which will bypass the cfw, or a boxx/sec setup and the dig should work without a problem, otherwise just marp the dn anywhere else, you could also make it a mcr on both phones with the marp at the pa desk, then she would just dial it from the mcr key, or any key

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John Poole,

Will the boss/sec work with 2 different 11'c

I've used this a bit in the past, but don't you have to put in the BFS TN's and unsure how you would do this to a TN on a different 11c

Wide

no because of the possible dup tn's between switches.. on a network problem i would build a maxp 1 acd in the rec end with the ncfw a dn on but not marped to the boss station.. by taking this extra step and making sure cls=sfd on the boss side the forward on that station is not in control, 20 years ago i used 3 analog tn's cfw to each other so the dn had followed a forward it's limit (3) when it hit the station... a little cheaper now

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

Looks like a slick soluction will give it a go.

I'd got round it using a spare analogue port and marped a 2nd DN to the boss's phone...

But a acd q sounds alot better than wasting TN's

Course what would be better still is if the lazy so in so would just answer his own phone.

Many thanks

Wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back