Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to add multiple records from one click 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
I have a database form that allows an employee to enter a day off request or a requested schedule by selecting a date from a calendar and choosing either a “requested schedule” check box or a “day off” check box.
Currently if the employee needs to request a week off they need to create multiple records on that form requiring them to enter their personal information multiple times. My goal is to allow the employee to select a beginning date and an ending date and to have a new record created for every day in the selected date range.

Any suggestions?

This can be done by using both dates entered by the employee and then writing code to LOOP through the number of times that there are days between the dates.
The coding can be quite complex if your not used to VBA but will be very quick.
If you don't find another way of doing it I'll be happy to build a sample for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back