Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Add Carriage Return to Memo Field In Update Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertIngles

Technical User
Jan 20, 2011
CA
Hi guys;

I have about 3000 emails I need to send via outlook (through exchange)using Access.

I am wanting to use Access to populate the fields for To, Subject and Message personalized to the recipient and giving them specific information about their device serial number. No problem with subject ("Re Device with serial number"&" "&[TableName]![SerialNumber]) however the message field is causing me frustration in regards to carriage returns. In the message field (memo) I am using this code (in the expression builder):

"Hi" & " " & [tblUser]![FirstName] & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & "Robert Ingles here..."

Searching the web gave me the & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & but it does not return as a new line when I view the field in my form (I also want a blank line between).

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I should mention that I am using and update query to pre-populate fields in a table with the text string and then displaying the fields on a form for emailing.

Figured it out - Thanks:

"Hi" & " " & [tblUser]![FirstName] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Robert Ingles here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back