Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to add a VoiceMail light to phones on a spare key 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tejas1

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
All of my users have private boxes but I need to add a Voicemail box and have it light up a spare key on their sets. I have created the Voicemail box in the MerMail but no idea on how to assign a key to be a message waiting lamp.........Thanks.....Frank

These are 2616 sets....Frank

find a key on the set with nothing on it.do an easy change and add a key with a MWK.

I keep getting a SCH0360 error????
I go to LD 11, (chg 2616 yes key 3 mwk ). I immediately get a SCH0360 error as soon as I hit the space bar to add the ext number. The ext 3914 is on my button 02. I also have a mwk 7000 on button 6 to allow Mer Mail access. My cls on this phone is MWA. Any other suggestions????
I looked around in the MSG base here and found on talking about using XMWA, so I tried this and I get the same error code but I can type in the 3914 ext number and then hit enter before I get the Error Response. It seems I need to add something else to this string befor I hit enter......Frank

First set your CLS to MWA, then you can add the MWK option

The CLS on the phone is already MWA. I have a key 6 already set to MWK 7000 to allow access to the Voice mail. Can I add another button on the phone to light up when I have messages on the 3914 line since I already have my voicemail light come on when I get amessage on 3900 which is this sets key 0 number?....Frank

Since this is an extra message waiting key, the programming is:

Key KK XMWK DDDD

KK = Key number
DDDD = DN for the extension you want to be notified for new messages.

Mike

I checked CLS and it was mwa. I tried to assign key 03 mwa 3914, no go. SCH0360 error....Frank

quote:
McGruff753 (MIS) Jun 25, 2003
Since this is an extra message waiting key, the programming is:

Key KK XMWK YYYY DDDD

KK = Key number - key 3 in your case
YYYY = Message Center DN - 7000 in your case
DDDD = DN for the extension you want to be notified for new messages - 3914 in your case

Mike

that would make your input - Key 3 xmwk 7000 3914

Of course this is assuming you are on rls 25

That did it....Thank you for the help.....Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back