Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to access someone's email that just QUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomobile

MIS
May 2, 2002
US
Greetings

Newbe to Exchange (no choice) but having said that. The admin here quit and forgot to forward her old email to the new admin. Thus my question to you all what do I need to do so that I can get to her mailbox (the old admin). We are using Outlook / MS Exchange 5.5

thanks

There are a couple of ways of doing this, 1) Give yourself Exchange Admin rights 2) Go into Exchange Administrator wizard and change the NT account into your username 3)or if this is just a straight forwarding, go into Exchange Admin wizard, "that user's box" and under delivery, forward to the designated user.

OR

You can simply, change the user ID password (NT)
Logon to ID, setup profile for old admin, start outlook.

Both theojkat and sidjourney are right ... you can log into the domain as the old admin or you give yourself Permission Admin on all the containers in Exchange. At the OU, Site and Server level... Once that's done, you can add yourself - or the Domain Admin's group as the owner of that mailbox .. and access the mailbox one of two ways..

1) Set up a new profile for that mailbox in your Outlook client.

2) Add that mailbox to your current profile - and when you open your outlook .. you'll see your email .. as well as the other inbox below.

But to make all of this happen .. you have to have control of the containers in Exchange...

Cheers. Alshrim
System Administrator
MCSE, MCP+Internet

Hoping that you haven't deleted her user account:

Change password, log into nt as her forward e-mail.

or any of the above!

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back