Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to Access QNAP NAS using Wireless Sonicwall Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobiewall

Programmer
Jun 5, 2014
US
Hello, as the username suggests I am a noobie to all of this when it comes to configuring a sonicwall for network use. But I have gotten by so good so far. My only pressing issue that I have now is trying to access my QNAP NAS using a wireless connection produced by my Sonicwall TZ 205 wireless-N.

My network is as follows:
I have a Verizon modem bringing in the broadband WAN connection and that is wired from the outside world to my TZ 205 wireless-N Sonicwall. My sonicwall is configured for wireless on a different subnet scope than my LAN connection.

My LAN connection from my Sonicwall goes into a 24 port unmanaged switch and my Sonicwall is set to issue out IP addresses throughout the office on its subnet scope. I have a QNAP TS-269 Pro that has 2 Gigabit LAN ports. Both ports are wired to the 24 port unmanaged switch.

I am able to connect to the QNAP NAS from a LAN connection via a Dell laptop that is using a wired connection from the 24 port unmanaged switch. However, when I unplug the Dell laptop and use a Secure WLAN connection setup in my Sonicwall I am not able to connect or detect the QNAP NAS on the network. How to create bridge connection so that if I am on a Secure WLAN connection on my Sonicwall that the QNAP NAS can be detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back