Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need tips on debugging possible memory-leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
We have a few errors occuring in one of our screens but only in the PBD version.
When we run the PBL code via PowerBuilder (with or without debug brekapoints) it never fails.

One of the problems is that a computed field is showing up in the pfc_sort field selection dropdown even though there is explicit code to exclude it.

dw_master Constructor
String ls_exclude[]
ls_exclude[1] = "compute_1"

dw_master.inv_sort.of_SetExclude(ls_exclude)
dw_master.inv_filter.of_SetExclude(ls_exclude)

The other problem is an actual application crash when opening another window via OpenSheetWithParm().

I am looking for tips and/or pointers on how to approach this.

I figured this out.....it weas not a memory leak after all.

Turns out the window object had been inadvertantly saved into another PBL.
When testing via PowerBuilder, my test PBL was above the other PBL so my code always executed.
After making a build, the PBD order was such that an older version of the object was found prior to the correct object and thus overrode it.

The fix was to delete the 2nd copy of the object from the incorrect PBL and rebuild the PBDs so there is only one definition of the object.

- Bill

No problem. Nothing worse than finding an orphaned/abandoned forum posting for the same problem you have but no resolution specified.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back