Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need the MWI indicators to light on multiple sets when message rcvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill958

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2006
US
Hello All,

Config:
Call Pilot v 1.07 (I know, I know)
Meridian Opt81 running 25.30 (it's solid, I'd hate to mess with success)

Problem:
Boss has x2100 as the key0 DN and x2900 as a private caller DN on key9.
Secretary 1 has x2155 as her key0 DN and an appearance of 2100 on another key.
Secretary 2 has x2160 as her key0 DN and an appearance of 2100 on another key.

Boss wants every message to his x2100 to light the MWIs at 2100,2155 and 2160. And he wants x2900 to light the MWI at his desk (x2100) as well.

Lighting the x2100 MWI with a message for 2900 isn't a problem.

But I cannot find any way to light both 2155 and 2160 when a message comes to 2100.

Is there any way to create a group or something either in the switch or callpilot that will light the necessary MWIs?

I understand that newer versions of CP and older versions of MM both have/had this capability, but that doesn't help me here.

Can a scripted application do this from within CP? Any help there?

I'd like to find a solution that works for now, because we're planning to graft a VoIP system onto the Opt81 and replace CP with something else later this year. Any upgrade to CP requires that I replace the processors, etc. in the Opt81 before it will play nice with newer CP. $$$$

Your help is appreciated!

--Bill B

Have you tried XMWK keys. Don't know if it will light the RED light, but the digital keys will light, once programmed.

I tried it last night on a 2616 without success. Instructions appear to be Key xx XMWK yyyy zzzz where xx is key number, yyyy is the extension of the callpilot system (the same # that's programmed for the regular MWK) and zzzz is the extension I want to see messages for. The zzzz was also present as an SCR on the set (because I saw something about that).

Perhaps it only works with 390x sets? Or is there a code in that TN's config that needs to be switched? It did not SCH me -- which makes me think that XMWK is a valid code for my 25.30 software.

Have you tried to set CLS LMPX on the TN?

Description in Features Guide under "Message Waiting Indicator by Directory Number."

"The red LED on the proprietary telephones reflects the status of the mailbox associated with both the PDNs and non-PDNs with the associated Extended Message Waiting Keys (XMWKs) or the Remote Message Waiting Keys (RMWKs).

(LMPN) = The red LED on proprietary telephones reflect the
status of the mailbox associated with the PDNs."

My understanding of the XMWK is that you have to have an appearance of the extension whose MW lamp you want to monitor.

On 39xx I have set up an scn on the "shifted" keys. That way my not so super users do not know its there and as it is SCN there is no noise. I would caution about TDD in the CLS though. Also set CLS = LMPX

If you do not want it on a 26xx, maybe try an AOM that is not installed???

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back