Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need t constantly invoke event to restore VSS archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgschnei

Technical User
Nov 26, 2002
US
Need 2 constantly invoke event to restore VSS archive cause Administrator freezes

VSS Administrator hangs during restore of archive unless refresh event is invoqued

We are using Visual SourceSafe Administrator Version 6.0 Build 8163

The problem emerges when we restore a SSA project. The loading process hangs. To "un-freeze" the process I need to constantly move the VSS Administrator to create a refresh event.

Workflow To Recreate Trouble:

Launch Visual SourceSafe Administrator > select menu Archive > select sub-menu Restore Projects

The dialog box Restore Wizard Visual SourceSafe displays

Browse to select the archive XXXXX.ssa > select the button Open > select the button Next > Select the projects > select the button Next

Dialog box displays

Current pass Status
Pass 2 of 2 loading the list

At that point I need to create an event (refresh) by moving the Visual SourceSafe Administrator to load the files. If no event is produced the process is hanging at the current file and does not load the next files. The process simply freezes. To un-freeze the process I need to
constantly move the VSS Administrator to create a refresh event.

Meaning I need to constantly move the VSS Administrator with the mouse around the screen to create an event and load the next files, doing this until all the files are loaded.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

TIA for any help

Dominique G. Schneider

Got the same problem: instead of constantly moving the window around try this: click a mouse button while floating over the title bar. Then put some heavy object on the mouse button... This will create a constant stream of click events ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back