Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need supression formula for section based on shared variable value

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgeek

Technical User
Oct 16, 2008
US
I have a report that returns a list of people and then the subreport returns data when they have a specific order. I have created a variable that counts the non-blank subreports.

The data I want to suppress is located in details section A and the counting formula I want to base the supression on is located in group footer 2. The formula is

//group footer 2
whileprintingrecords;
shared numbervar ID;
numbervar cnt;
IF ID <> 0 Then
cnt :=cnt+1
//formula field name is {@groupfooter}

I want to create a supression formula that says

supress if:

if {@groupfooter} > 0 Or {?@location} = "98" or {orstoredprocedure.locationstatus} = "UnOccupied" then
formula = true
end if

It does suppress the field when no one is in the location but it doesn't when the number is not zero.

Thanks for any help you can provide

In what section is the subreport located? You will only be able to suppress report sections that are below the one in which the sub is located. Also note that your groupfooter formula will always be > 0 after hitting one sub that is populated, since it is set up to accumulate the count of non-blank subs.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back