Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Specific # of lines on a Multi Page Crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimagine

Programmer
May 3, 2002
US
Help! Working against a deadline!!!

I am running 8.5 and have a report that has a text body with a crosstab beneath. The data can have anywhere from 1 to 100 phone numbers for each account, and I need to have the crosstab display numbers 1-14 on page 1, 15-80 on page 2 and 81+ on a third page. So far I can only get 60 numbers on the second page. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Here are some things you can try:

- Right click on the upper-left blank corner of the crosstab, select "Format Crosstab" from the menu, go to the "Customize Style" tab, uncheck "Show Cell Margins" from the grid options. Also, you may wish to hide the grid lines so that the text doesn't look so squished together (click the "Format Grid Lines" button then uncheck the "Show Gridlines" checkbox in the next window).

- Choose a smaller font size (i.e. typing "7" into the font size drop box).

- Turn free-form placement on and de-select snap-to-grid from the File | Options, then decrease the height of the field until its just high enough to display the bottom part of the letter "y" in the preview window.

- Decrease the top and bottom margins. Lower the height of the page header and footer, or better yet add a suppression formula to suppress the page header and footer if PageNumber = 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back