Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need spam filter for Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhill

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
Greetings all,
I implemented an Exchange 2000 server for my company six months ago. Everything has been going very well in all areas with the exception of one - SPAM! I'm looking for a thrid-party application that will help with content filtering - preferably one that installs in the same box as Exchange. Does anyone out there use a product for this purpose that they could recommend?
Thanks!
-Jason

Exchange 2K has a built in feature that allows you to block all emails from particular email addresses or entire domains.

ESM - Global Settings - Message Delivery - properties - Filtering - Add

This is where you add the email addresses "someone@somewhere.com" or entire domains "*@somedomain.com".

You'll have to enable the filter on the SMTP Virutal Server.

Admin Groups - 'Group' - Servers - 'Your_Server' - Protocols - SMTP - SMTP Virtual Server - properties - Advanced - Edit - Apply Filter

ChrisP

My filter list is quite long, problem with this is that most spammers use hotmail/yahoo accts to spam from that are spoofed to begin with.

The only solution I see as of yet for this problem is user education. 01110000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back