Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need space when repeating frame does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

csphard

Programmer
Apr 5, 2002
US
I producing a report that supposed to look like the questionaire that produced the data.

Some questions are optional and can have several answers. When I print this information out I use a repeating frame. The problem is that some may have no answers and therefore no repeating frame. My problem is that if there is no
answer I still want that space.

I tried using a frame and placed the repeating frame inside. This works if I leave the vertical elasticity to fixed. However it needs to grow because there can
be several answers so when I change the vertical elasticity to variable then it can also collapse.

Does anyone have any work around because if there is no data I still want that space.

Howard

Set the vertical elasticity on the repeating frame to EXPAND. It will never be less than you size it, but can grow if needed.

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
My website: Emu Products Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back