Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need someone to evaulate my resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tberte

MIS
May 17, 2002
US
I've been applying for jobs over the past month or so and yet to get an interview. I've got 7+ years experience in the field, so I figured it wouldn't be all that difficult. So, I'm concluding my resume is lacking in or many certain areas.

Would someone be willing to evaluate mine?

therte,

I'd be glad to assist.
Can we communicate via binary email addresses or what?

I am loathe to post my e-mail address, even if bowdlerised.

I am quite good at CV's, so let me please contact me.

Regards

Tharg

Grinding away at things Oracular

tberte

What I have found to be a good way to write your resume is to get a copy of the job description and match accomplishments in your job history to their requirements. Don't lie about any experience, this can come back and bite you in the @$$. Just match your skills to their needs and that should get you the interview. When you get the interview be sure that you are ready, be confident but not cocky. Have answers to questions like "Tell me about yourself." and "Why do you want to work here?" and wanting more money isn't a really good response. There are some good site with information like this with Q&A's you should know.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back