Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some purchasing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopns

Instructor
Jul 22, 2002
US
Our school is looking at purchasing exchange for mail and I was on the microsoft web site and I don't know what the difference is between exchange 2000 and enterprise. We have about 50 computers so we would get the first one?

1. Exchange 2000 Server $699 US The standard edition of Exchange 2000 is designed to meet the messaging and collaboration needs of small and medium-sized organizations. You need to purchase an Exchange 2000 CAL for each device accessing the server running Exchange 2000.

2. Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server $3,999 US Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server is designed for large organizations that have the highest requirements for reliability, scalability, and manageability. You need to purchase Exchange 2000 CALs in addition to a basic server license.

Thanks.

I belive the enterprise version is capable for clustering, and having mutiple stores. with the standard version is not.

I'm sure there's more.... but these are the key points.

You are correct. The Standard Version will be more than sufficient for you with 50 users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back